The year 2016 could turn out to be a very important year for the Royal Enfield. The company intends to come up with two new engines, 750cc twin-cylinder engine and the other a 410cc which will power the upcoming ‘Himalayan’ scrambler-styled motorcycle. The Royal Enfield Himalayan has been under development for some time now and the new set of spy pics shows a bike on the assembly line!!
From what we can see, the upcoming Royal Enfield Himalayan scrambler will feature:
- GT525-like front mudguard
- Spoke wheels
- Off-road tyres
- Disc brakes with steel braided brake lines
- Long travel front suspension
- Monoshock suspension at the rear
- Black-painted engine
- Raised handlebar
- An upswept exhaust
- Round-shaped headlight
- Round-shaped rear view mirrors
- High ground clearance
- Front wind screen
- Fuel Tank protection bars
- Powering the Royal Enfield Himalayan is a 410cc engine, overhead camshaft (OHC) and is likely to churn out a max. power of 30PS.
- The Himalayan is expected to be priced between Rs 1.5 and 2 lakh.
Royal Enfield is said to have invested INR 500 crores on the development of its upcoming product range and into setting up of two technology centres which will work on new product development