Suzuki GSX-R1000 – A perfect blend of track engineering and road ready design. A feeling of raw, blood pumping power that comes with every twist of the throttle. Handling on corners is fun with its new chassis and shorter wheelbase. A slipper clutch provides an even smoother downshift and greater stability when approaching trickier bends.
The GSX-R line delivers outstanding braking capabilities with its Brembo calipers and heat-resistant stainless steel brake discs. The bike maneuvers so well. Thanks to the solid chassis design and responsive suspension.
Motorcycle Credits: Vikram Singh(Jeetu)
At a glance
Engine Type: 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Engine Displacement: 999cm3
Bore x Stroke: 74.5mm x 57.3mm
Compression ratio: 12.9:1
Ignition Type: Electronic Ignition (Transistorized)
Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Suspension feel is excellent
- The setup transforms the motorcyclefrom a mild mannered road bike into a cutting edge race bike with a few clicks of the suspension.
- Brembo calipers are lighter and ore rigid to provide more powerful and consistent braking performance.
- The motorcycle can switch between the daily commutes and the occasional track dayouts, depending on your riding preference.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers selection at a push-button between three performance settings to suit riding conditions and personal tastes. The switch is located on the left handlebar control module.
- Suzuki’s GSX-R1000 engine gets that tradition class leading torque.
- The engine delivers great throttle response, power, and acceleration at mid-range rpm speeds being perfectly suited for high speed riding.
- Pistons have been redesigned to be 11% lighter and increased compression from 12.8:1 to 12.9:1 compared to predecessor.
How much to pay:
For a new bike: INR 15,95,000/- (Ex-showroom Pune)
Onroad price:INR 18,50,000/-
Insurance: INR 30,000/-
Servicing: INR 10,000/- approx
(* The prices are indicative)
Suzuki GSX-R1000 Image gallery