VW Group debuted its first dedicated electric car at the Paris Motor Show. With a total range of up to 373 miles per charge, the platform is designed for all-wheel-drive and is driven by a 168hp electric motor.
Features of Volkswagen I.D.
- Based on VW’s Modular Electric Drive kit (MEB) architecture, which was created specifically for purely electric car models
- The body shell sits on a skateboard platform
- Motor and battery lie flat under the floor.
- It has the space of a Passat on a footprint smaller than a Golf,
- The dashboard is 200mm further forward than a Golf.
- The I.D concept has a steering wheel that retracts into the dash when it’s not being used.
- Volkswagen has set itself the goal of selling a million electric cars a year by 2025.
- Self-driving tech will be ready for production vehicles beginning in 2025