Motorcyclists loaded with full of energy and enthusiasm are geared up to embark on a 1600 km journey from Kozhikode in Kerala to Anand in Gujarat on their Royal Enfields. The purpose of the journey to retrace the life and work of the nation’s beloved Father of the White Revolution in India; Dr. Verghese Kurien.
The ride was flagged off at Milma Dairy, Kozhikode on November 20, 2017. The event was graced with the presence of Shri P T Gopal Kurup (Chairman, MILMA) and Shri K M Jhala (Chief Operating Officer, AMUL).
The bikers will be reaching Anand on November 26, 2017 which is celebrated as The National Milk Day to mark birth anniversary of Dr.Verghese Kurien,
For details, visit: www.drkurien.com/nationalmilkday
About Dr. Verghese Kurien
- Dr Verghese Kurien- is synonymous with the word milk in India, who led the country to become the largest producer of milk and milk products, who formed what is one of the most popular and endearing Indian brands, Amul.
- He was a social entrepreneur who had started billion-litre idea-Operation Flood which was the world’s largest agricultural development programme. This operation had helped to transform India from a milk-deficit country into the world’s largest milk producer.
- He was founding chairman of the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) and pioneer in establishment and success of the Amul brand of dairy products.
- Under his chairmanship, Amul achieved key invention of milk powder processed from buffalo milk.
- Awards and Honours: Ramon Magsaysay Award (1963), World Food Prize (1989), Padma Shri (1965), Padma Bhushan (1966), Padma Vibhushan (1999), Economic Times award for Corporate Excellence (2001) etc.