Bajaj V has been the most talked about two-wheeler in the country since it’s made from the metal of INS Vikrant – India’s first aircraft carrier. The V motorcycle, officially named the V15, has been unveiled in the country and will go on sale in March 2016.
The Bajaj V15 will attract buyers looking for a slightly premium motorcycle at an affordable price. The V15, slotted in between the Discover 150 and the Pulsar AS150, also creates a new segment in the Indian two wheeler market.
Features of Bajaj V15
- Combo of Scrambler and Cafe Racer category of motorcycles
- Design derives inspiration from various military equipment
- Decals on the tank which says ‘Made with invincible metal of INS Vikrant’ and INS Vikrant badge
- Trapezoidal headlight
- LED tail-lamp
- Lean & bold body lines,
- Bold graphics,
- Premium texture material,
- Removable rear cowl,
- Instrument panel with colour changing LEDs,
- Pumped up fuel tank with capacity of 13 liters of fuel
- Wide handle bars
- 10 spoke alloys
- Front 18 inch wheel wrapped around a 90/90 tyre,
- Rear 16 inch wheel is wrapped around 120/80 tyre.
- Ground clearance of 165mm.
- 150cc DTSi single-cylinder oil-cooled unit that makes 12PS of power at 7,500 rpm and 13Nm of peak torque at 5,500 rpm.
- 5-speed transmission.
- Kerb weight of 135.5 kilograms.
- 240mm disc and 130mm drum brakes on front and rear wheels.
- Available in two colours – Ebony Black & Pearl White.
The sales of this bike will commence in March 2016.
Bajaj V15 image gallery