I always force my team to think unusual, out of the box- may it be the test reviews, stories, interviews whatsoever to be published here on technwheelz. Now taking my words seriously, our team mate rode down to Alibaug (coastal town in Raigad District of Maharashtra) to ride and review the Yamaha WaveRunner VX700S JET SKI !!
Introduced in 2011, the Yamaha WaveRunner VX700S is the best-selling jet ski in the entry-level segment. Powered by a 2-stroke 700cc engine, this model is popular among the customers around the world regardless of rental or individual use. Known for its reliability and durability, the VX700S is the only 2-stroke runabout model from the manufacturer.
At a glance
Model: WaveRunner VX700S
- Engine Type: 2-stroke, 2-cylinder
- Displacement (cc): 701
- Bore x Stroke (mm): 81 x 68
- Compression Ratio: 7.2 : 1
- Cooling System: Water-cooled
- Pump type: 155mm Axial Flow
- Fuel Supply System: Unleaded Regular Gasoline
- Excellent maneuverability and handling characteristics.
- Could not measure the top speed (around 60kmph) but gave more thrills than we ever expected when we pulled the throttle trigger.
- Even more noteworthy is the rapid, dizzying acceleration.
- Comfortable shape of the seat makes this ride perfect.
- 3 persons can be seated comfortably.
- Liquid-cooled, 2-stroke 700cc engine is outstanding.
- This lightweight engine is fuel-efficient compared to rivals.
- Delivers fun, performance and is reliable.
- Engine is specially designed for marine use and is quiet.
- Body is significantly lighter.
- The smooth lines, the color, the mirrors that blend perfectly in with the shape of the VX700S.
- Good amount of storage space allows ample room for drinks, food, spare clothing, and towels etc.
- Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
- 155mm Axial Flow Single Stage Jet Pump with three-blade Stainless impeller is designed to maximize water flow for high performance.
- High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook-up.
- Open Loop Cooling: All Yamaha WaveRunner utilize open loop cooling, which is used by nearly all marine manufactures. It’s the most effective, reliable and maintenance-free way to cool your engine.
- Multi Function Digital Meter: Specially designed meters provide a wide range of information in an easy-to-read format. A convenient tachometer keeps the rider informed about the rpm of the engine, while a fuel gauge and hour meter tells the rider when to refuel and keeps track of running time. There are also a full set of warning functions to provide the information the both leisure users and commercial users need.
- 67.2 liter storage capacity: allows ample room for drinks, food, spare clothing, and towels etc, along with other marine sports gear helping you to enrich your marine life experience.
- Extended Rear Platform: The most defining aspect of the exterior look of the WaveRunner is its Extended Rear Platform. It provides the space you want for a rest in your marine sports fun, a place to put on or take off your snorkeling or wakeboarding equipment.
- Convex Dual Mirrors: To watch out for sharks behind you!!
Yamaha WaveRunner VX700S Jet Ski image gallery