India Kawasaki Motor has silently launched the Z900RS naked motorcycle at ₹ 15.30 lakh (ex-showroom). The motorcycle based on the Z900 but it’s been redesigned to the extent you wouldn’t recognise it, with styling inspired by the Z1 of the 1970s.
The motorcycle is a full import from Japan through the completely built unit (CBU) route, a reason for the high price tag.
At a glance
- Engine Type: 4-stroke, Inline-4 DOHC, 4-Valves per cylinder
- Engine Displacement: 948cc
- Bore x Stroke: 73.4 x 56.0mm
- Compression ratio: 10.8:1
- Fueling: EFI w/ 36mm Keihin throttle bodies
- Cooling: Liquid
- Transmission: 6-speed
- The bike is gorgeous, especially in the metal
- Fit and finish are remarkable, even down to the frame paint
- LED headlight
- Classic and basic twin clocks, and that’s exactly their appeal. Traditional dual analog clocks sit on either side of an LCD dash that includes gear position indicator, fuel gauge, temp gauge, and other essentials.
- Great job of polishing the headers and giving it a classic look
- The exhaust is a real piece of work
- Underseat storage for tool box
- RS is more refined, sophisticated and has a casual feel
- Brembo sourced 300 mm dual-floating front discs and a single 250 petal disc at the rear offers superb control
- The Z900 has conventional four-pot calipers, the Z900RS has new radial-mounted ones,
- KRTC (Kawasaki Traction Control) and ABS as standard. Traction control has an option to switch it off
- Inverted fork is fully adjustable. Suspension does its job so well, keeping the bike poised, balanced and behave exactly as it should at all times
- Handles incredibly well in straight lines as well as corners
- A responsive machine
- The 948cc engine has some serious spunk
- 6-speed gearbox with the shorter first gear, while sixth gear is taller to make it more highway friendly
- No dual exhaust. The 4-into-1 system reduces weight and allows for more power
- Cylinder fins aren’t for cooling—they’re purely a stylish touch. Cosmetic retro touch.
- Satisfying exhaust note
- Assist-and-slipper clutch to ease the action and reduce wheel hop when aggressively downshifting
How much to pay:
For a new bike: INR 15,30,000/- (Ex-showroom )