While Tesla is working for its official entry in India, someone has decided to import the Tesla. So, officially India has received its first ever Tesla- the Model X SUV, an all-electric and is one of the most tech friendly SUV.
The details on the import is not available as of now.
10 Facts about the Tesla Model X SUV
- Tesla Model X is powered by two electric motors mounted on each axle. The base version gets 259 hp on both the front and rear motors. Performance version boosts 259 hp at the front and 503 hp at the rear with combined torque output of 967 Nm. The P75D trim has power restricted and can hit 0-100 kmph in 4.9 seconds. The lithium-ion battery pack weighs half a tonne. It looks like one giant battery, but it is made up of 18,650 regular AA-sized batteries.
- The vast touchscreen is 17″ touchscreen display deep and is the biggest fitted in any car.
- The rear falcon doors are double hinged and need only 12″ to open. If you have the key fob in your pocket, the driver’s door will automatically open as you approach. They make it very easy to get in and out, especially if you are elderly or have to fit child seats. They are a great show-off feature. You can close the driver’s door by putting your foot on the brake pedal.
- The switchgear (indicator, windscreen control, gear stalk, etc) are from Mercedes-Benz.
- It takes 75 minutes to fully charge the Model X using a purpose-built supercharger. If you choose a destination beyond its range, the Model X plots a route to leapfrog from one charger to the next.
- The “Big Sky” windscreen is the largest single piece of glass on any production car on the road.
- The charge port is disguised as part of the rear light. It automatically opens when it detects the power hose.
- Using an app on your phone you can check the battery charge, lock and unlock the doors, control the temperature, locate your car on Google Maps and even reverse the car in or out of a parking space while standing on the pavement.
- If you indicate while cruising, the car will change lanes on its own.
- A medical grade filter ensures the car is free from pollen, bacteria and pollution. There is also a bio-weapon defence mode that can totally seal the cabin.
Source: Automobili Ardent on Facebook