Tata Motors has brought its production-ready Nexon compact SUV to this year’s 2016 Delhi Auto Expo.The Nexon is based on the same platform as the Tata Bolt hatchback and the Zest sedan. The production version of the Nexon stays pretty close to the concept car that was unveiled last expo.
The Nexon compact SUV follows Tata’s ‘Impact’ design language. The car will come in both petrol and diesel engines.
The petrol mill is the turbocharged version of the 1.2-litre Revotron petrol engine seen on the Zica while the 1.5L diesel engine delivers a power of 110 PS with a maximum torque of 260Nm. Both engines will be mated to a new 6-speed manual gearbox with three drive modes.
Features of Tata Nexon compact SUV
- Large windshield area for all-round visibility
- Humanity Line on the upper grill featuring projector headlamps with daytime running lamps (DRLs)
- LED tail-lamps with chrome accents
- A rising beltline and a floating roof
- Ground clearance of 200 mm
- 16” alloy wheels
- Electric power assisted steering
- Equipped with a 6.5” touchscreen infotainment system designed by Harman
- 8 speakers for surround sound effect, the car also comes with features such as voice control and command recognition.
When launched the Nexon will compete against the likes of the Ford EcoSport, the Mahindra TUV300 and the upcoming Maruti Vitara Brezza.
Tata Nexon image gallery