Rolls-Royce revealed the VISION NEXT 100– the car that defines the future of luxury mobility. Codenamed 103EX, it is the marque’s first ever pure ‘Vision Vehicle’.
The Rolls-Royce VISION NEXT 100 anticipates the mobility demands of the luxury customer of the future. This ‘Vision Vehicle’ is one of four announced by the BMW Group in Munich on 7 March 2016, as it launched its centenary celebrations – THE NEXT 100 YEARS. In addition to being the centenary of the BMW Group, 2016 also represents a seminal moment in the history of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
Features of Rolls-Royce VISION NEXT 100
- Artificial intelligence making the extreme-luxury car fully self-driving (steering wheels not welcome here).
- Organic light-emitting diode (OLED) touch-screen, interior swathed in silk and appointed with rich Macassar trim.
- Onboard digital assistant dubbed the “Voice of Eleanor” (after Eleanor Thornton, upon whom the Spirit of Ecstasy was modeled) will serve as your virtual chauffeur and personal digital valet.
- 5.9 metres long and 1.6 metres high, equaling the same dimensions as the extended-wheelbase edition of the Rolls-Royce Phantom.
- Polished metal, the famous Rolls-Royce “pantheon” grille with Double-R badge.
- 28-inch wheels.
- Luggage compartment near the front wheels.
- Skirted wheels, presumably for aero purposes.
- There was no price listed for this vehicle — as a concept, it’s not for sale .
Image Gallery of Rolls-Royce VISION NEXT 100