Maruti Suzuki today revealed the 3rd generation Dzire sedan. Based on the same platform of Baleno, the Dzire is still a subcompact sedan and sits below 4 metres at 3995 mm.
The Maruti Suzuki Dzire will come in four trims –
- Petrol- LXi, VXi, ZXi and ZXi+
- Diesel- LDi, VDi, ZDi and ZDi+
There will be six colours to choose from –
- Oxford Blue
- Sherwood Brown
- Gallant Red
- Artic White
- Silky Silver
- Magma Grey
Exterior features –
- Looks much more modern than the car it replaces.
- New platform – Suzuki’s B platform or ‘Heartect’. Derivative of the same platform that the Baleno is built on.
- Lighter than the previous car, with the diesel weighing 105 kgs lighter and the petrol being 85 kgs lighter now.
- The new Dzire gets elongated and bigger-looking bonnet with polygonal front grille, finished in chrome.
- Top-spec gets LED projector headlamps and LED daytime running lights.
- The car looks long, much more sedan like especially front three quarters.
- The LED taillamp has a signature design cue (available as standard across variants).
- Wheel sizes will be 14” as standard and 15” on the Zxi/Zdi trim. Top spec gets two-tone alloy wheel pattern.
- The twin-pod instrument cluster with white surround.
- Switchgear from the Ignis,
- Flat bottomed partially wood-covered steering wheel.
- Touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay, Mirror Link and Android Auto.
- Revised upholstery.
- 50mm more kneeroom at the rear.
- Central rear AC vent
- Safer than the outgoing version.
- Dual airbags, ABS along with ISOFIX seat mounts as standard.
- Also complies to pedestrian as well as off set crash test.
- Increased boot space by 60 litres.
- Wider by 20mm
- Wheelbase gone up by 20mm.
- Lighter by 105 kg than its predecessor.
- Ground clearance reduced by 7mm and now stands at 163mm.
- Yet to be announced but expect the tried and tested 1.2 litre VVT petrol and the 1.3 DDiS diesel.