The 2018 Jeep Wrangler SUV has been spotted in India and is expected to be launched soon.
The image also reveal that the SUV is right-hand drive (RHD) model and considering the fact that the Wrangler is sold in India as a CBU (completely built unit), Jeep might launch new-gen model by the end of 2018 or early 2019. It is possible that the SUV is here for homologation.
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler models (3-door & 5-door) were first showcased in November last year, at the 2017 Los Angeles Auto Show, followed by its European debut at the Geneva Motor Show early this year in March 2018. The latest spy image of 3-door Jeep Wrangler is expected to be one of the higher-spec models (possibly the Sahara).
The new Jeep Wrangler comes with:
- New platform that is lighter and larger
- LED headlamps.
- LED DRL integrated into the front fender
- New bumper
- Stylish set of alloy wheels
- New ORVM’s with integrated turn signal lights
- Updated cabin with a revised dashboard
- Uconnect 4C NAV 8.4-inch touchscreen infotainment system with navigation, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, dual-zone automatic climate control and more.
- Features like passive keyless entry, push-button start, and much more.
Under the hood, the Jeep Wrangler will get a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine that features mild-hybrid technology for the first time ever. The Wrangler will also get the tried and tested 3.6-litre V6 naturally aspirated Pentastar engine, which will be the top spec petrol model.
The Jeep Wrangler will be available with an 8-speed automatic gearbox – which is also brand new and no manual option will be offered.