Yamaha Motor Europe has unveiled the 2017 YZF-R6 at the AIMExpo in Orlando, Florida. The new motorcycle looks very similar to its elder sibling, the R1. The motorcycle gets more aerodynamic bodywork with LED lighting, integrated front turn signals, a new aluminum fuel tank and an R1-style tail section.
The chassis is borrowed from the current R6, with the same geometry. The new design has increased aerodynamic efficiency by 8 per cent, claims Yamaha.
What the 2017 YZF-R6 features?
- Redesigned front cowl and windscreen
- new instrument cluster that features an analogue style tachometer and digital speedometer with a multi function display that includes TCS and ABS status
- The LED turn indicators incorporated behind the rear-view mirrors
- A central ram-air intake flanked by slim LED headlamps
- Ultra compact Rear LED taillight to match the narrow new tail unit
- Yamaha Chip Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) ride-by-wire system with three selectable maps.
- Traction Control System (TCS) and is available with an accessory quickshifter.
- Powered by a liquid-cooled, 599cc in-line four-cylinder engine has DOHC with four titanium valves per cylinder
- Euro4 compliant
- 6-speed transmission mated to a racing-derived slipper clutch
- A midmount titanium exhaust centralizes mass and saves weight
- Lightweight aluminium fuel tank
- Fully adjustable 43mm upside-down fork on front and fully adjustable KYB rear shock
- 320mm front discs with radial-mount 4-piston calipers with a Nissin radial master cylinder. ABS is standard
- The 2017 YZF-R6 will be available in three colours (Matte Black, Team Yamaha Blue and Intensity White/Matte Silver)
2017 YAMAHA YZF-R6